EP0408.01.50 is a hybrid molecule with an inorganic silsesquioxane at the core and organic epoxycyclohexyl groups attached at the corners of the cage. This formulation contains a 50% dilution of PGMEA for coating applications. EP0408.01.50 can be cured with aromatic, aliphatic amines and photoinitiators. EP0408.01.50 provides increased use temperature, excellent water and solvent resistance and enhanced thermomechanical performance.
INCI Name: Epoxycyclohexylethyl Polysilsesquioxane
Epoxy Equivalent Weight: 177
Formula Weight: 1418.20
Appearance: clear, pale yellow/orange, viscous liquid
Viscosity (@ 60˚C): 500 poise
Thermal Stability (5% wt loss): 403˚C
Solvent Stability: THF, chloroform, isopropanol
Solvent Insolubility: hexane
Resin Solubility: aromatic and aliphatic resins
• Crack-Free 3D Hybrid Microstructures – ACS Nano. 2009 Oct 27;3(10):3251-9
• Modified morphology and properties of poly(2,6-dimethyl-1,4-phenylene oxide)/polyamide 6 blends – European Polymer Journal 45(8) Aug 2009, 2202
• Passivation Layer of Iron-Based Rare Earth Powders – US Patent 7,390,579
• Epoxide Coatings for Stone Consolidation and Conservation – J. Korean Soc. Cons. 26:1 (2010) 85-94.
• Improvement of mechanical properties of poly(butylene terephthalate) through chain extension – JAPS. 107 (2008) 825-830 • Photodefinable dielectric materials – /. J. Elec. Mat. 39:2 (2010) 149–156