EP0408.10.30 is a hybrid molecule with an inorganic silsesquioxane at the core and organic epoxycyclohexyl groups attached at the corners of the cage. This formulation contains 30% Cyclopentanone for coating applications. EP0408.10.30 can be cured with aromatic, aliphatic amines and photoinitiators. EP0408.10.30 provides increased use temperature, excellent water and solvent resistance and enhanced thermomechanical performance.
INCI Name: Epoxycyclohexylethyl Polysilsesquioxane
Epoxy Equivalent Weight: 177
Formula Weight: 1418.20
Appearance: clear, pale yellow/orange, viscous liquid
Viscosity (@ 60˚C): 500 poise
Thermal Stability (5% wt loss): 403˚C
Solvent Stability: THF, chloroform, isopropanol
Solvent Insolubility: hexane
Resin Solubility: aromatic and aliphatic resins
• Crack-Free 3D Hybrid Microstructures – ACS Nano. 2009 Oct 27;3(10):3251-9
• Modified morphology and properties of poly(2,6-dimethyl-1,4-phenylene oxide)/polyamide 6 blends – European Polymer Journal 45(8) Aug 2009, 2202
• Passivation Layer of Iron-Based Rare Earth Powders – US Patent 7,390,579
• Epoxide Coatings for Stone Consolidation and Conservation – J. Korean Soc. Cons. 26:1 (2010) 85-94.
• Improvement of mechanical properties of poly(butylene terephthalate) through chain extension – JAPS. 107 (2008) 825-830 • Photodefinable dielectric materials – /. J. Elec. Mat. 39:2 (2010) 149–156